What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or to know when you visit a particular page on our site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- Technically necessary cookies. Some essential functions of our website are only possible if information is stored persistently between each page you look at. For instance, if you log in to a site to access subscriber-only content, we use a cookie to remember that you are logged in, so you do not have to enter your details on each page you visit.
- Performance monitoring cookies. We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our website and to monitor performance. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise.
- Third party cookies. Our website sometimes integrates with other companies’ sites. For example, we integrate with social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook, to make it easier for you to share what you have read. These sites place their own cookies on your browser as a result of us including their icons and ‘like’ or ‘share’ buttons on our sites.
How to remove or block cookies
Your internet browser has tools that allow you to remove or block cookies. More information can be found here: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
What will happen if I block cookies?
Depending on which cookies you block, the website may stop working, or certain features may stop working correctly. If the cookies that are ‘technically necessary’ are blocked, the website will probably not be usable.
LifeForward cookie list
The list below shows the cookies used on our website or set by third parties from our sites. The list is subject to change
- WordPress (Essential Technically necessary)
- Cookie script (Essential Technically necessary) – allows you to choose to block 3rd party cookies
- Google Analytics – a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. By selecting decline these cookies will be blocked.
- Youtube places cookies to track statics such as number if video plays. Our Youtube videos have privacy-enhanced mode enabled: therefore YouTube won’t store information about our visitors, unless they play the video, according to the Google-Youtube guide: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en-GB